Dental Implants in Keller, Tx
When replacing one or more teeth that have been lost, the goal is to prevent potential issues that could arise such as shifting teeth or loss of jawbone density. Though our dentist in Keller has several options when it comes to replacing lost teeth, dental implants are the only solution that can effectively prevent the continuing consequences of missing teeth and their roots.
Why Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants are more than just a solution to missing teeth; they offer a wide array of advantages that make them a preferred choice for tooth replacement. Here are some of the standout benefits:
- Natural Look and Feel: Dental implants are designed to resemble and function like natural teeth. This means they not only enhance the aesthetic appearance of your smile but also restore natural functionality.
- Preservation of Jawbone: One of the unique challenges with tooth loss is the eventual deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants act as a replacement tooth root, stimulating the jawbone and preventing this bone loss.
- Long-Lasting Solution: With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a durable and long-term solution compared to other tooth replacement options.
- No Diet Restrictions: With dental implants, you don’t need to shy away from your favorite foods. Whether it’s crunchy apples or a juicy steak, you can eat confidently without the fear of dislodging a denture.
- Enhanced Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t require altering the neighboring teeth. This ensures that more of your natural teeth are left untouched, benefiting oral health.
- Improved Self-Esteem: A complete, radiant smile can significantly boost confidence. When you choose dental implants in Keller, TX, you can laugh, speak, and socialize without any inhibitions about the appearance of your teeth.
What happens if you don’t replace missing teeth?
Believe it or not, missing teeth can actually affect every aspect of your life, not just the appearance of your smile! From the way you look and feel, to your oral health and even overall health, tooth loss can cause devastating, lasting effects.
- Could experience bone density loss of the supporting jaw
- Increased chance of oral infection due to exposed gum tissue
- The surrounding teeth can shift and move out of place
- Affected jaw function, which can lead to chronic pain
- Compromised ability to eat and chew, which could lead to malnutrition
The good news is that dental implants address all of these problems and can restore the look and function of your teeth, as well as restore your ability to live with confidence!
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is actually composed of three different parts: the fixture, the abutment, and the prosthesis.
The fixture is a small, biocompatible titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jawbone. While the bone heals, it fuses to the implant post, and after 4-6 months (on average), the implant will be secure enough for the next step. At this point, the abutment, or connector piece, is attached to the fixture and serves as an artificial tooth root. The abutment supports the final part of the implant, the prosthesis. This piece looks and functions just like normal teeth, and can either be a dental crown, partial denture, or complete denture.
For example, if you’ve lost a single tooth, then you will only need a single dental implant topped with a dental crown to replace it. However, if you’ve lost most or all of the teeth on your dental ridge, then you can replace them with a full implant that is situated on a few strategically placed dental implants. Our Keller dentist, Dr. Cornelius, will guide you on the best choice for your specific case.
All-On-4® implant dentures are designed to provide full comfort, function, and stability by relying on only four implants placed along your dental ridge. Their strategic placement allows the implants to adequately withstand your bite pressure, as well as help maintain your jawbone integrity, without the need for extensive implant placement.
Same-Day Dental Implants
If you have one or more teeth extracted and wish to replace them with a dental implant-supported prosthesis, then same-day implants may help you restore your smile immediately after your tooth extraction. Your candidacy for same-day implants will depend on a number of factors, including jawbone integrity and the state of your oral health.
Dental Implant Preparation
Patients who seek dental implant placement but have insufficient jawbone structure (due to extended tooth loss, severe gum disease, or other factors) may benefit from first undergoing a jawbone graft. The bone graft procedure involves strengthening the jawbone with a surgical graft to provide more bone structure to support your dental implant(s).
Have more questions? No problem. Visit our page on Dental Implants FAQ.
Restore Your Confidence & Your Health!
With an appropriate dental implant-supported restoration, your replacement teeth will not only improve your smile but also help preserve your long-term oral health. To find out if you qualify for dental implants, call Sky Creek Dental Keller at 817-431-4200.
We proudly serve the residents of Keller, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Westlake, Southlake, North Richland Hills, and all surrounding communities.