FAQ about Dental Implants
When replacing one or more teeth that have been lost, the goal is to prevent potential issues that could arise such as shifting teeth or loss of jawbone density. Though our office in Keller has several options when it comes to replacing lost teeth, dental implants are the only solution that can effectively prevent the continuing consequences of missing teeth and their roots.
FAQ: Dental Implants in Keller, TX
Dental implants are the popular and most ideal tooth-replacement solution. They are permanent and function like a natural tooth. A small surgical procedure is required to place the implants, which can be performed in the comfort of our cosmetic dental office in Keller, TX.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants consist of small tiny titanium posts that replace missing teeth’s roots and tooth-like crowns that are then attached to the post to replace the missing tooth itself.
How Does the Dental Implant Procedure Work?
A minor surgical procedure is required for the dental implant procedure. The patient will be subject to local anesthesia. After the dental implants (small titanium posts) have been inserted into your jawbone, the porcelain crown that imitates the look of a natural tooth is attached to the post. The artificial tooth is also functionally identical to a real tooth.
Every dental implant procedure is unique and will vary depending on the patient. In some cases, the implant may need to fuse with the bone for several months before it can be crowned permanently. In some cases, you can also have temporary new teeth the same day your implants are completed.
Why Dental Implants?
Implants are also the best option when no surrounding teeth or natural roots allow for bridgework. Implants are preferred to dentures as they offer a permanent solution for tooth replacement and allow patients to return to their normal eating habits and daily routines.
Our cosmetic dentist in Keller, TX, will discuss your needs with you and recommend the best treatment plan for dental implants.
Dental Implants: Benefits and Advantages
Implant technology has continued to advance and is now the best option for tooth replacement. Modern dentistry has made it possible to get dental implants even if your jaw bone structure is not perfect or you have other medical conditions.
Dental implants offer many advantages over other procedures, such as:
- They behave and act just like natural teeth
- With proper care, they can last a lifetime
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss
- They protect adjacent teeth
- Implants can help prevent facial sagging and premature aging.
- They increase confidence when you laugh, talk, and eat.
- Dental implants help keep your gums healthy and free of disease.
- Dental implants are simple to maintain
- Dental Implants have a success rate between 95-98% if placed by an experienced doctor.
- Dental implants allow you to resume your normal eating and oral habits.
How Much Do Dental Implants in Keller, TX Cost?
Prices for dental implants can vary depending on the individual situation; A single-tooth implant costs anywhere from $2,000 up to $6,000.
Multiple dental implants may be required. However, the cost of each tooth will be lower as some costs are only applied once. An implant-supported three- or four-tooth dental bridge can be costing anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. Full-mouth dental implants can cost up to $35,000 or more.
For more information about dental implant costs for your particular situation, please call our practice in Keller, TX, and set up a consultation. All of your questions about dental implants will be answered by our team.
Do I Qualify for Dental Implants?
Your Keller, TX dentist will take extreme measures to help you qualify for the dental implant procedure. During the qualification process, your dentist will be looking for specific traits such as:
- Candidates must have sufficient bone.
- Candidates must practice good oral hygiene.
- Candidates should have good dental habits.
- Candidates must have healthy gums.
These are some reasons you might not be eligible to receive dental implants:
- Anyone with any type of health condition that could affect bone mass
- People who are generally unwell
- Patients with a jaw structure too small to support implants
If you have an autoimmune deficiency or are a smoker, you will need to visit our dental office in Keller, TX, for a consultation to determine if you are eligible for dental implants.
What Are the Downsides of Dental Implants?
As with any dental procedure, there are potential downsides to dental implants. Here are some of the possible disadvantages to dental implants depending on your unique case:
- Implants are more expensive upfront than other options for tooth replacement. Although implants are more expensive upfront than dentures and bridges, the long-term cost is lower because they are permanent. Dentures must be replaced every few years.
- There may be multiple appointments. It depends on your bone growth rate and the type of implant treatment you need. Before the implants can be permanently fixed, you may need to visit our offices several times.
- Unlike alternative tooth replacement treatments, minor operations on the gum and jaw are required for dental implant placement. A local or general anesthetic will be used for the procedures.
- Although dental implants are highly successful, there is still a small risk of complications like damage to teeth, blood vessels, and nerves, as well as the possibility of gum infections and possible sinus problems. You can reduce these risks by choosing our highly-trained cosmetic dentist.
Our Keller, TX dentist will gladly consult with you to discuss any potential risks associated with dental implants.
Dental Implants Procedure
Dental implants can require several surgical procedures depending on your unique case. You will be prepared for the procedure after a thorough evaluation.
Your Keller, TX dentist at Sky Creek Dental will review your medical history and provide a customized treatment plan. In order to allow for healing time between the procedures, dental implant surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure. These are the steps to dental implant surgery:
- The damaged tooth is removed
- If necessary, grafting of the jawbone
- Implant placement
- Bone growth and healing
- Placement of an abutment
- Placement of an artificial tooth
Can Dental Implants Be Done in One Day?
A single procedure can be completed for same-day dental implants in thirty minutes to three hours, depending on the case and the number of implants needed. You won’t leave with your permanent teeth, but you will have a full smile with your temporaries.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
We offer anesthesia options to make the procedure painless. The majority of dental implant procedures are performed under local anesthesia. Dentists may use general or conscious sedation for patients who have certain medical conditions.
Call our office in Keller, TX, to schedule a consultation and for more information. Our experienced team will happily answer all questions regarding dental implants.
Dental Implants: The Best Alternatives
If you do not qualify for dental implants, your Keller, TX dentist will be able to advise you about the alternatives to dental implant procedures. Here are some teeth-replacement alternatives:
- Implant-supported bridge
- Bridges made of resin-bonded materials
- Full dentures
- Partial dentures
- Implant-supported dentures
- Dental bridges
Start Your Journey to A New Smile With Dental Implants in Keller, TX
With an appropriate dental implant-supported restoration, your replacement teeth will not only improve your smile but also help preserve your long-term oral health. To find out if you qualify for dental implants, call Sky Creek Dental Keller at 817-431-4200.
We proudly serve the residents of Keller, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Westlake, Southlake, North Richland Hills, and all surrounding communities.